Valentine's Day in Girona
Enjoy your Valentine's Day in Girona. In this province of Catalonia, there are many places surprisingly romantic to meet with your partner. Don't run out of plans!
What to do on Valentine's Day in Girona
Next, we'll take a look at the most romantic places to visit in San
Valentine in Girona. Take note!
Let's start with Girona city
In the capital there are a lot of attractions, but we highlight the most romantic:
- Cathedral of Girona: inside the fortress, the cathedral was built between the 11th and 18th centuries, and From this difference of centuries it is understood that we find diverse styles, like the Romanesque or the baroque, among others.
- San Felix Church: This is the oldest church in the city. In it you can see up to three different styles: Romanesque, Gothic and Baroque. It has a collegiate church and, underneath it an early Christian cemetery.
- Monastery of St. Peter of Galligans: this is a Benedictine monastery. The first references to this monastery date back to the 10th century. It was declared an Asset of Cultural Interest in 1931. It's worth a visit.
- La Dehesa de Girona Park: To take a romantic walk, the best thing to do is to do it in the Parque de la Dehesa, one of the greenest areas of the city with trees perfect for disconnecting from the hustle and bustle of the city without leaving it.
- Arab Baths: this visit will surprise you, as these are baths whose existence is began to speak in 1194. Discover his story and let yourself be soaked by the echoes of the past. Besides, the price is very cheap, you can enter for only 2 euros per head.
Let's continue through Figueres
- Castillo de San Fernando: This castle, which is a BIC (Bien de Interés Cultural), is considered the largest bastioned fortress in Europe. It was built to defend and protect the border of the Pyrenees after the loss of Roussillon and Sardinia. Work began in 1753. Part of the structure was destroyed in 1939 until what we can visit today in day. The most beautiful image of this fortress can be seen from the air, since it is very the shapes of the structure.
- Dalí Museum: in a singular building, as could not be otherwise, and in it we find the Dali's museum, since it was here that the famous artist was born.
- Old town: like every city, Figueras has an old town, which you should not miss to visit with its picturesque streets full of atmosphere.
Let's finish with Empuriabrava and the villages of the Costa Brava
This area is one of the most famous in Girona, and it is logical, since it is also the most beautiful. The coastal villages bathed in crystal clear water and aquamarine colour are real gems that you mustn't stop visiting and that will put the most romantic touch.
Where to sleep on Valentine's Day in Girona
If you are going to make a trip to Girona, we recommend that you sleep at the Hotel Rural Can Clotas, a very special place located in Cistella where you can enjoy, not only the comfort and nature 100%, but of an incredibly romantic stay in the light of the fireplace or with a romantic dinner.