Christmas in Girona
If you are going to spend your Christmas in Girona, this post is especially dedicated to this holiday season in the Catalan province. Take a pencil and write it down!
Christmas in Girona
We review the places to visit in Girona to celebrate Christmas more authentic.
- Girona city: in Girona you know that Christmas has arrived when all the lights that illuminate the city at this time of year. In addition, do not miss the Fira Nadal de the Independence Square, the slide and ice rink, in the Palace of Fairs, the pastorets and shepherds, as well as the illuminated bridges of Onyar. There are also Christmas activities programmed for both children and adults to enjoy to the fullest.
- Tossa de Mar: if we approach the coast, Christmas in Tossa de Mar stands out for the craft products, Christmas, tasting, vermouth, music and much more, all in the Paseo Mossèn Cinto Verdaguer and the Paseo de Mar.
- Figueres: the most remarkable thing about Christmas in Figueres are the lights that decorate the city, as well as the Christmas market where you can buy all the products that you won't find in other dates, nougats, Christmas figures and decorations, fir trees, and a lot more.
- Castell d'aro: if there is one thing that stands out about Christmas in Castell d'aro, it is its nativity scene or living nativity scene very interesting to see, plus it has a display of up to 300 extras.
- Olot: in Olot it brings together the Exhibition of Nativity Scenes, the Nativity Fair, the great shit of the Tió and many more activities. We emphasize its ice rink located outdoors, which will make enjoy big and small.
- Campodrón: in this medieval village you will enjoy Christmas in its most traditional version. Camprodón is a village that dresses up for Christmas and celebrates a the Nose on the 31st, a mythological character that is kept in Catalonia and that distributes noses and candy.
Where to sleep to celebrate Christmas in Girona
After reviewing some of the locations that put the most energy into celebrating Christmas in Girona, you have to decide where to sleep in Girona at Christmas. In our hotel Can Clotas you can enjoy a cozy atmosphere by the fireplace and enjoy the environment, enhanced by the snow that may fall as Christmas begins.